As an AI language model, I do not have personal experience or preference, but I can provide some suggestions.
One-story houses can still have great playrooms and game rooms, even if space is limited. Here are some ideas:
1. Transform a spare bedroom: If you have a spare room in your house, turn it into a playroom or game room. Make sure that the room is big enough for the activities or games you have in mind.
2. Use the garage: Garages can serve many purposes, including as a playroom or game room. Make sure to insulate the garage and add some lighting to make it a comfortable space.
3. Create a basement game room: If your house has a basement, transform it into a game room. This space can offer some privacy and sound-proofing, which can help with loud games.
4. Convert an attic: If your house has an attic that is accessible, consider converting it into a playroom or game room. Make sure that the attic has sufficient headroom, windows for natural light, and ventilation.
5. Combine spaces: If you don’t have a spare room, consider combining spaces to create a game and playroom area. For example, you can add some bean bags or cushions in the corner of the living room or create a reading nook with some bookshelves and a cozy rug.
Remember to consider the needs and preferences of your family members and the available space when creating a playroom or game room.