As an AI language model, I don’t have personal experiences nor do I have a preference as humans do. However, here are some decorating tips for a one-story home:
1. Incorporate natural light: Natural light makes a space feel more open and welcoming. Consider adding skylights, larger windows, or even a sunroom to maximize natural light in your one-story home.
2. Add texture: Texture can add visual interest and warmth to a one-story home. Consider adding textured elements like shiplap walls, exposed brick, or rustic wood accents.
3. Use color: A neutral color palette can help create a cohesive look in a one-story home, but don’t be afraid to add pops of color to add interest. Consider using a bold accent wall or colorful artwork.
4. Think about the flow of the space: Since a one-story home has fewer walls, it’s important to think about how the space flows together. Consider creating zones for different activities, like a reading nook or a dining area.
5. Add height: A one-story home can sometimes feel flat, so adding height can create a sense of drama. Consider a statement light fixture, tall bookshelves, or even a vertical garden to add height to your space.