1. Fiberglass Insulation: Made from tiny glass fibers woven together, fiberglass insulation is one of the most commonly used types of insulation. It is relatively inexpensive, easy to install, and provides good sound insulation as well as thermal insulation.
2. Spray Foam Insulation: Spray foam insulation is made from a liquid that hardens into a solid foam when applied to surfaces. It is highly effective in sealing air leaks and providing thermal insulation, making it a popular choice for energy efficiency.
3. Cellulose Insulation: Cellulose insulation is made from recycled paper treated with fire retardant chemicals. It is very effective at reducing heat loss and is often used in attics and walls.
4. Mineral Wool Insulation: Mineral wool insulation is made from volcanic rock, slag, and other materials. It is a highly effective form of insulation that is particularly good at reducing sound transmission as well as thermal insulation.
5. Radiant Barrier Insulation: Radiant barrier insulation is a type of reflective foil that works by reflecting heat back to its source. It is particularly useful in hot climates and is often used in attic spaces.
6. Cotton Insulation: Cotton insulation is made from recycled denim and cotton fibers. It is a natural and sustainable form of insulation that is effective at reducing heat loss and sound transmission.
7. Rigid Foam Insulation: Rigid foam insulation is a type of insulation made from polystyrene, polyurethane, or polyisocyanurate. It is highly effective at reducing heat loss and is often used in wall and roof systems.