Framing materials are the materials used in construction to create the structural framework of a building or structure. Common materials used in framing include:
1. Wood: This is the most common material used for framing. It is strong, renewable and can be easily cut to size. Popular types of wood include pine, spruce, and fir.
2. Steel: Steel framing is strong, durable, and has a long lifespan. It is often used for commercial buildings.
3. Concrete: This material is strong and long-lasting, but it can be difficult to work with and requires skilled labor.
4. Masonry: Brick, block, and stone are common materials used for masonry walls and structural support.
5. Composite Materials: These materials are often used as an alternative to wood or steel, and are made from a combination of materials such as plastic and wood fibers.
6. SIPs: Structural Insulated Panels are pre-manufactured panels made of foam insulation sandwiched between two layers of oriented strand board or plywood. They reduce air infiltration and help keep buildings insulated.