As a language model AI, I do not have preferences or personal experience. However, here are some pet-friendly features for one-story houses:
1. Fenced yard: A safe fenced yard is a must for pets to run around and play.
2. Pet doors: Installed pet doors will give your pets the freedom to enter and exit the house as they please.
3. Stain-resistant flooring: Pet-friendly floors like laminate, hardwood, or tile will resist scratches and stains due to pets.
4. Low-maintenance landscaping: Consider low-maintenance lawns and plants that cannot harm your pet.
5. Wide hallways and doorways: Wider hallways and doors make it easier for larger dogs to move about the house.
6. Ample Space: Space which is enough for your pets to move around and play indoor.
7. Outdoor Shades: Have outdoor shades that will provide a shaded area for your pets outside.
8. Sunroom or Enclosed Patio: Pets love to relax in the sun, an enclosed patio or sunroom will allow your pet to enjoy the sun without getting overheated or accidentally run away.
9. Elimination Area: Make sure you’ve created a designated area for your pets to do their business.
10. Safety features: Install safety features like child locks on cabinets and electrical outlets to ensure your pet’s safety in the home.