1. Ridge vents – installed at the peak or ridge of a roof and allow air to escape from the attic.
2. Soffit vents – installed in the eaves or soffits of a roof and allow cool air to enter the attic.
3. Turbine vents – a rotating vent that uses wind to pull hot air out of the attic.
4. Gable vents – installed in the gable, or triangular, area of a roof and allow air to enter and exit the attic.
5. Static vents – non-moving vents that allow air to escape from the attic.
6. Roof vents or box vents – installed on the roof surface and allow air to escape from the attic.
7. Solar vents – powered by solar panels and can be installed on the roof or in the attic to remove hot air.
8. Cupola vents – an ornamental vent installed at the peak of a roof that also allows hot air to escape.